No Code Generation • International call for ideas
Product and/or furniture design projects targeted to the "No Code Generation” (i.e. the new nomadic generation that flows across the world in a “smart” and fluid way, and, when it comes to design, they enjoy mixing different styles freely, creating their own playlists of items and languages). Candidates are invited to submit a project for a single piece of furniture that could possibly be multifunctional, or a series of pieces that can be mixable with each other, designed for the living and the sleeping area.
2. Criteria of participation
The call is open to graduates of degree courses in product and industrial design or architecture and already holding a Bachelor Degree (3 years) or about to graduate by October 2019 or to professionals with relevant experience in the field and with a creative portfolio in line with the areas of product and industrial design, or interior design and architecture.
Participation is individual – group submissions are not allowed.
3. How to participate
Participation in the call is free.
How to submit your application:
- Go to the dedicated web page
- Insert your anagraphical data
- Upload the requested documents
- Flag the privacy boxes and click on submit
Files to upload:
- A3 digital presentation boards in PDF format (horizontal layout, 150 d.p.i.), including:
- the name of the project.
- at least 1 drawing in scale with dimensions and size of the object(s);
- a 300-word description of the project;
- 3-5 high resolution jpeg files (max 5 mb each, 300 d.p.i.).
These may be images, drawings and/or renderings used in the formatted presentation boards but should be delivered as individual files.
These project files must be uploaded in a single zip folder.
- Copy of the university degree or other equivalent three years course;
- Copy of University Transcript or equivalent
- Passport scan
- Signed Personal Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
No identification elements of the candidate should appear on the presentation boards, only the name of the project.
The official language of the call is English.
4. Deadlines and Jury
- May 6th , 2019 > Deadline for submission of registration and for submission of the creative project
- May 10th, 2019 > Meeting of the jury composed of professionals for the assignment
- Starting from May 13th, 2019 > Notification of the winner
Representatives of Italian and international design will compose the Jury as well as Istituto Marangoni faculty members:
- Giulio Cappellini – Architect, Designer and Art Director • Cappellini (President)
- Mark Anderson – Director of Education of Istituto Marangoni Milano • The School of Design
- A journalist
5. Evaluation criteria
- Consistency with the objective
- Innovative proposal
- Validity of the solution from an aesthetic and functional point of view
- Overall quality
- Capacity of synthesis and clarity in the exposure of the concept
The winner of the call will be awarded a 100% scholarship that covers the tuition fee for the Product & Furniture Design Master Course that will be held at the Milano School of Design to start in the October 2019 intake.
The firm Cappellini will sponsor the scholarship.
7. Results and publication
At the end of the selection made by the Jury, the winner of the call will be announced via e-mail and telephone. The final project and the final news will be published on the Istituto Marangoni website. The winner of the scholarship shall confirm his/her acceptance of the scholarship within 5 days: after that time the scholarship will be considered as expired and will be reattributed.
8. Rights and use of the delivered outputs
Participants agree to transfer to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l., in Milan, Via Verri 4 (Tax Number 09447270159) the right to use the project and the product that will be, where applicable, implemented as a consequence of the project, the right to use any output delivered for the participation to the international call for ideas “No Code Generation”, as well as all the materials connected to the projects and delivered, including the drawing of the project, the sketches, the samples, the models, the tests and the video and photo materials. The Istituto Marangoni reserves the right to commercial use or publication or free exposure of the projects received, in the form and manner deemed most appropriate: the participants shall also authorize the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. to use the documents received for promotional purposes and in the manner deemed most appropriate.
The participants, joining the international call for ideas “No Code Generation” declare that the promoters of the initiative cannot be subject to any claim resulting from such use. In any case, the participants agree to relieve the promoters from any liability toward third parties.
Participants agree to the following rules on intellectual property rights and industrial property rights in relation to the projects delivered to the promoters of the call.
- They guarantee and ensure that the outputs are their original work and have not been entirely nor partially copied or substantially from any other work, source or material and that, as to their knowledge, they do not infringe any copyright of any third party;
- In the case of a copyright or other intellectual property carried out in their outputs or whether a part of it belongs to a third party, they guarantee and ensure that they have requested the permission and/or authorisation to transfer to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. that output, and that in any case, they undertake to relieve the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. from any liability for the use of material as of paragraph a) that is developed, designed and/or produced by third parties.
By participating in the call, the designers agree to absolve and indemnify the promoters from any negative consequence resulting from the infringement of the rules provided by article 11 and, more generally, from any negative consequence resulting from the use of the projects.
11. Information on the treatment of personal data
Personal data collected as a result of the participation to the call will be used for the following purposes: execution of the operations of the call and for the thereto related purposes: the processing of personal data will be executed using manual, electronic and telematics tools closely related to the purposes for which they were provided; they could be disseminated through websites and social networks connected to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. In case of refusal to provide the requested data in order to participate in the call, the application form will be rejected or the potential participant excluded. In case of refusal to provide the data, as indicated, in order to transfer the advertising material, there will be no consequences. Personal data collected as a result of the call participation will be registered in the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. database, holder of the treatment.
People to whom the data collected as a result of the participation to the call refer to are considered the holders, pursuant to article 7 of the Legislative Decree 196/2003, of the related rights, among them, the confirmation of the existence of their personal data and their provision in an intelligible form, the cancellation, the transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, as well as the updating, rectification, integration and to oppose the treatment for any legitimate reason. By participating in the call, the participants give their consent to the aforementioned treatment of data.
12. Consent to the use of personal data
Participants authorise the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. to use their personal data and their image, as well as to take videos, photos, registrations and to consign their image through third parties and with any tools, video, photo and television and the activity related to the call. They grant to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. the right of use the said “material” in the context of the publishing products directed by the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. and in the context of the institutional website and social networks. Applicable law and jurisdiction The Italian law will govern the call and the relations between the participants. Any dispute that may arise between the promoters and the participants will be of exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Milan.
13. Exemption from the ministerial validation
Pursuant to the article 6, D.P.R. 430, dated 26/10/2001, this call is not a prize competition or lottery: as a result, no ministerial authorization is needed.
For further info, please contact: email@example.com