International call for talent
1. Criteria of participation
Candidates are invited to submit their creative portfolio, which is going to be evaluated by Istituto Marangoni Faculty Committee and by renowned Architect, Talent Scout, and Istituto Marangoni Milano Design Brand Ambassador, Giulio Cappellini.
The call is open to graduates of degree courses in product and industrial design or architecture and already holding a Bachelor Degree (3 years) or about to graduate by February 2019 or to professionals with relevant experience in the field and with a creative portfolio in line with the areas of interior design, architecture.
Participation is individual – group submissions are not allowed.
2. How to participate
Participation in the call is free.
How to submit your application:
• Go to the dedicated web page
• Insert your anagraphical data
• Upload the requested documents
• Flag the privacy boxes and click on submit
Files to upload:
• Portfolio of works in PDF format including at least 5 Interior Design projects
The portfolio must include technical drawings as well as renderings of the developed project areas.
The portfolio must be uploaded in a single zip folder (maximum size allowed: 10MB).
Other documents to be uploaded as well will be:
• Copy of the university degree or other equivalent three years course;
• Copy of University Transcript or equivalent
• Passport scan
• Signed Personal Statement
• Reference Letter 1
• Reference Letter 2
The official language of the call is English.
3. Deadlines and Jury
• November 30th, 2019 > Deadline for submission of registration and for submission of the creative project
• Within December 6th, 2019 > Notification of the winner
4. Evaluation criteria
• Innovative content of the portfolio of works
• Validity of the solutions from an aesthetic and functional point of view
• Overall quality
The winner of the call will be awarded a 50% scholarship on the tuition fee for the Contemporary Interior Design Master’s Course (enrolment fee is still due) that will be held at the Milano School of Design to start in the February 2020 intake.
6. Results and publication
At the end of the selection made by the Jury, the winner of the call will be announced via e-mail and telephone. The winner of the scholarship shall confirm his/her acceptance within 3 working days - by replying to the notification email - and formally complete the admission process within 2 working days – by paying the enrolment fee: after that time the scholarship will be considered as expired and will be reattributed.
7. Property Rights
The candidate assures that all intellectual property rights used in the material provided are owned by the candidate or the candidate has a consent to use materials, texts or images of third parties. The candidate will keep Istituto Marangoni exempt, without limitation, from any claim, liability, costs, expenses, damages, injuries, direct and indirect losses, loss of business, that may raise to Istituto Marangoni as a consequence of direct or indirect use of third party materials, texts or images. Candidates agree to allow Istituto Marangoni to use, severally or jointly, texts and images of their own dream; property rights of all images and texts shall be exclusively and definitively transferred to Istituto Marangoni, free of charge and without time limitation.
Participants agree to the following rules on intellectual property rights and industrial property rights in relation to the projects delivered to the promoters of the call.
• They guarantee and ensure that the outputs are their original work and have not been entirely nor partially copied or substantially from any other work, source or material and that, as to their knowledge, they do not infringe any copyright of any third party;
• In the case of a copyright or other intellectual property carried out in their outputs or whether a part of it belongs to a third party, they guarantee and ensure that they have requested the permission and/or authorisation to transfer to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. that output, and that in any case, they undertake to relieve the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. from any liability for the use of material as of paragraph a) that is developed, designed and/or produced by third parties.
By participating in the call, the designers agree to absolve and indemnify the promoters from any negative consequence resulting from the infringement of the rules provided by article 11 and, more generally, from any negative consequence resulting from the use of the projects.
10. Information on the treatment of personal data
Personal data collected as a result of the participation to the call will be used for the following purposes: execution of the operations of the call and for the thereto related purposes: the processing of personal data will be executed using manual, electronic and telematics tools closely related to the purposes for which they were provided; they could be disseminated through websites and social networks connected to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. In case of refusal to provide the requested data in order to participate in the call, the application form will be rejected or the potential participant excluded. In case of refusal to provide the data, as indicated, in order to transfer the advertising material, there will be no consequences. Personal data collected as a result of the call participation will be registered in the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. database, holder of the treatment.
People to whom the data collected as a result of the participation to the call refer to are considered the holders, pursuant to article 7 of the Legislative Decree 196/2003, of the related rights, among them, the confirmation of the existence of their personal data and their provision in an intelligible form, the cancellation, the transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, as well as the updating, rectification, integration and to oppose the treatment for any legitimate reason. By participating in the call, the participants give their consent to the aforementioned treatment of data.
11. Consent to the use of personal data
Participants authorise the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. to use their personal data and their image, as well as to take videos, photos, registrations and to consign their image through third parties and with any tools, video, photo and television and the activity related to the call. They grant to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. the right of use the said “material” in the context of the publishing products directed by the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. and in the context of the institutional website and social networks. Applicable law and jurisdiction The Italian law will govern the call and the relations between the participants. Any dispute that may arise between the promoters and the participants will be of exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Milan.
12. Exemption from the ministerial validation
Pursuant to the article 6, D.P.R. 430, dated 26/10/2001, this call is not a prize competition or lottery: as a result, no ministerial authorization is needed.
For further info, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org