Master Fashion & Luxury Brand Management
Digital Marketing: a new strategy
The aim of the contest is to encourage participants to present a strategy that shows how to monetize the Balmain digital audience through digital marketing activities: the strategy therefore should be innovative and take into consideration what the brand is doing in terms of digital marketing already.
2. Criteria of participation
The call is open to graduates holding a University degree or equivalent study in Fashion Design and print & textile design or about to graduate by October 2020 or to professionals with relevant experience in the field. Participation is individual – group submissions are not allowed.
3. How to participate
Participation in the call is free.
For further info on how to submit your application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is individual – group submissions are not allowed.
Project presentation should be submitted in an A4 format pdf file with 5 to 7 pages and may include 2 sections:
- Part one: Analysis of competitors and at least one relevant case history or international benchmark.
- Part two: Recommendation and proposals. Justify your idea from a strategic point of view.
The documentation must include:
- the name and identification of the project;
- analysis/researches of competitors and benchmark with images;
- presentation of the digital plan with analysis of existing digital channels and new proposals also with images.
No identification elements of the candidate must appear on the presentation boards, which will feature only the name of the project.
These files must be uploaded in one single PDF.
Furthermore, in order to verify their eligibility for the designated Master Course (Milano) (Firenze) applicants are required to upload:
- Copy of the university degree or other equivalent three years course
- Copy of University Transcript or equivalent
- Passport scan
- Signed Personal Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
In order to verify their eligibility for the designated Cycle de Spécialisation (Paris School) and Master's degree (London School) applicants are required to upload:
- Copy of the university degree or other equivalent three years course (when not in english, an official English translation must be provided)
- Copy of University Transcript or equivalent (when not in english, an official English translation must be provided)
- Passport scan
- Signed Personal Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (ielts 6.5 without elements below 5.5)
The official language of the call is English.
- March 15th, 2020 > Deadline for submission of registration and for submission of the creative project
- March 19th, 2020 > Meeting of the jury composed of professionals for the voting for the call
- Starting from March 23rd, 2020 > Notification of the winner
5. Academic Committee
The Committee is composed of renowned Italian and international fashion professionals, as well as Istituto Marangoni representatives, for each Istituto Marangoni School of reference:
For Istituto Marangoni Milano, The School of Fashion:
Barbara Toscano – School Director of Istituto Marangoni • Milano School
Paolo Meroni – Director of Education of Istituto Marangoni • Milano School
For Istituto Marangoni Firenze, The School of Fashion and Art:
Lorenzo Tellini – School Director of Istituto Marangoni • Firenze School
Ivana Conte – Director of Education of Istituto Marangoni • Firenze School
For Istituto Marangoni Paris, The School of Fashion:
- Valérie Berdah-Levy – School Director of Istituto Marangoni • Paris School
- Thomas Brigger – Director of Education of Istituto Marangoni • Paris School
For Istituto Marangoni London, The School of Fashion:
• Charlotte Gorse – School Director of Istituto Marangoni • London School
• Mevin Murden – Director of Education of Istituto Marangoni • London School
The Assessment Panel’s decision is final.
6. Evaluation criteria
- Consistency with the objective
- Innovative proposal
- Validity of the proposal from a strategic point of view
- Overall quality
- Capacity of synthesis and clarity in the exposure of the idea
According to school preference picked while applying for the scholarship, the winner will be awarded a 50% scholarship on the tuition fee (enrolment fee is due) for:
- the Master in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management that will be held at the School of Istituto Marangoni in Milan, starting in October 2020.
- the Master in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management that will be held at the School of Istituto Marangoni in Firenze, starting in October 2020.
- the Cycle de Spécialisation in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management that will be held at the School of Paris, starting in October 2020.
- the Master's Degree in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management that will be held at the School of Istituto Marangoni in London, starting in October 2020.
8. Results and publication
At the end of the selection made by the Jury, the winner of the call will be announced via e-mail and telephone.
The final project and the final news might be published on Istituto Marangoni website. The selected participant for the scholarship shall confirm his/her interest in the scholarship within 5 working days, after that time the scholarship will be considered as expired and will be reattributed.
9. Rights and use of the delivered outputs
Participants who will be awarded the scholarship for the MA courses held at Istituto Marangoni Paris agree to transfer to Istituto Marangoni, 48 rue de Miromesnil in Paris 8, (vat number fr 18484985064) the right to use the project, the right to use any output delivered for the participation to the international call for ideas “Digital Marketing: a new strategy”, as well as all the materials connected to the projects and delivered.
Istituto Marangoni reserves the right to commercial use or publication or free exposure of the projects received, in the form and manner deemed most appropriate: the participants shall also authorize Istituto Marangoni to use the documents received for promotional purposes and in the manner deemed most appropriate. The participants, joining the international call for ideas “Digital Marketing: a new strategy” declare that the promoters of the initiative cannot be subject to any claim resulting from such use. In any case, the participants agree to relieve the promoters from any liability toward third parties.
Participants agree to the following rules on intellectual property rights and industrial property rights in relation to the projects delivered to the promoters of the call.
- They guarantee and ensure that the outputs are their original work and have not been entirely nor partially copied or substantially from any other work, source or material and that, as to their knowledge, they do not infringe any copyright of any third party;
- In the case of a copyright or other intellectual property carried out in their outputs or whether a part of it belongs to a third party, they guarantee and ensure that they have requested the permission and/or authorization to transfer to Istituto Marangoni that output, and that in any case, they undertake to relieve Istituto Marangoni from any liability for the use of material that is developed, designed and/or produced by third parties.
By participating in the call, the participants agree to absolve and indemnify the promoters from any negative consequence resulting from the infringement of the rules provided by article 11 and, more generally, from any negative consequence resulting from the use of the projects.
12. Information on the treatment of personal data
Personal data collected as a result of the participation to the call will be used for the following purposes: execution of the operations of the call and for the thereto related purposes: the processing of personal data will be executed using manual, electronic and telematics tools closely related to the purposes for which they were provided; they could be disseminated through websites and social networks connected to Istituto Marangoni. In case of refusal to provide the requested data in order to participate in the call, the application form will be rejected or the potential participant excluded. In case of refusal to provide the data, as indicated, in order to transfer the advertising material, there will be no consequences. Personal data collected as a result of the call participation will be registered in the Istituto Marangoni database, holder of the treatment; People to whom the data collected as a result of the participation to the call refer to are considered the holders of the related rights, among them, the confirmation of the existence of their personal data and their provision in an intelligible form, the cancellation, the transformation into anonymous form, or blocking of data processed unlawfully, as well as the updating, rectification, integration and to oppose the treatment for any legitimate reason. By participating in the call, the participants give their consent to the aforementioned treatment of data.
13. Consent to the use of personal data
Participants authorize Istituto Marangoni to use their personal data and their image, as well as to take videos, photos, registrations and to consign their image through third parties and with any tools, video, photo and television and the activity related to the call. They grant to Istituto Marangoni the right of use the said “material” in the context of the publishing products directed by Istituto Marangoni and in the context of the institutional website and social networks.
14. Applicable law and jurisdiction
For the MA course held at Istituto Marangoni Paris, the School of Fashion, the French law will govern the call and the relations between the participants. Any dispute that may arise between the promoters and the participants will be of exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Paris.