Cycle de Spécialisation in Fashion Promotion Communication & Media
Webzine : a new way to communicate
The aim of the contest is to present an innovative communication strategy while considering all aspects of communication. Participants will be asked to research, analyse and understand the concept, identify of the audience, their profile and behaviour, in order to identify new ways to increase the traffic of the webzine.
2. Criteria of participation
The call is open to graduates holding a University degree or equivalent study in fashion or about to graduate by October 2020 or to professionals with relevant experience in the field.
Participation is individual – group submissions are not allowed.
3. How to participate
Participation in the call is free.
For further info on how to submit your application, please contact: email@example.com
One digital document (pdf) in three parts :
Part one : Analysis of the webzine, the audience, their profile and behaviour
Part two : Presentation of the selected strategy
Part three : Justification of your proposal and how it will benefit the webzine
These files must be uploaded in one single PDF.
Furthermore, in order to verify their eligibility for the designated Cycle de Spécialisation, applicants are required to upload:
- Copy of the University Degree or other equivalent three years (when not in english, an official English translation must be provided)
- Copy of University Transcript or equivalent (when not in english, an official English translation must be provided)
- Passport scan
- Signed Personal Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (ielts 6.5 without elements below 5.5) The official language of the call is English.
- April 15th, 2020: Deadline for submission of the portfolio work and all additional documents listed. Applications received after this deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- April 20th, 2020: Meeting of the Assessment Panel to select the successful applicant.
- April 27h, 2020: Notification of the applicant selected for the Scholarship.
5. Academic Committee
The Committee is composed of renowned French and international fashion professionals, as well as Istituto Marangoni representatives:
- Valérie Berdah-Levy – School Director of Istituto Marangoni • The Paris School of Fashion
- Thomas Brigger – Director of Education of Istituto Marangoni • The Paris School of Fashion
6. Evaluation criteria
- Consistency with the objective
- Innovative proposal
- Validity of the proposal from a strategic point of view
- Overall quality
- Capacity of synthesis and clarity in the exposure of the idea
The winner of the call will be awarded a 50% scholarship on the tuition fee (enrolment fee is due) for the Cycle de Spécialisation in Promotion Communication & Media that will be held at the School of Fashion of Istituto Marangoni in Paris, starting in October 2020.
8. Results and publication
At the end of the selection made by the Jury, the winner of the call will be announced via e-mail and telephone. The final project and the final news might be published on Istituto Marangoni website. The selected participant for the scholarship shall confirm his/her interest in the scholarship within 5 working days, after that time the scholarship will be considered as expired and will be reattributed.
9. Rights and use of the delivered outputs
Participants agree to transfer to Istituto Marangoni, 48 rue de Miromesnil I Paris 8, (vat number fr 18484985064) the right to use the project, the right to use any output delivered for the participation to the international call for ideas as well as all the materials connected to the projects and delivered.
Istituto Marangoni reserves the right to commercial use or publication or free exposure of the projects received, in the form and manner deemed most appropriate: the participants shall also authorize Istituto Marangoni to use the documents received for promotional purposes and in the manner deemed most appropriate.
The participants, joining the international call for ideas declare that the promoters of the initiative cannot be subject to any claim resulting from such use. In any case, the participants agree to relieve the promoters from any liability toward third parties.
Participants agree to the following rules on intellectual property rights and industrial property rights in relation to the projects delivered to the promoters of the call.
- They guarantee and ensure that the outputs are their original work and have not been entirely nor partially copied or substantially from any other work, source or material and that, as to their knowledge, they do not infringe any copyright of any third party;
- In the case of a copyright or other intellectual property carried out in their outputs or whether a part of it belongs to a third party, they guarantee and ensure that they have requested the permission and/or authorization to transfer to Istituto Marangoni that output, and that in any case, they undertake to relieve Istituto Marangoni from any liability for the use of material that is developed, designed and/or produced by third parties.
By participating in the call, the participants agree to absolve and indemnify the promoters from any negative consequence resulting from the infringement of the rules provided by article 11 and, more generally, from any negative consequence resulting from the use of the projects.
12. Information on the treatment of personal data
Personal data collected as a result of the participation to the call will be used for the following purposes: execution of the operations of the call and for the thereto related purposes: the processing of personal data will be executed using manual, electronic and telematics tools closely related to the purposes for which they were provided; they could be disseminated through websites and social networks connected to Istituto Marangoni. In case of refusal to provide the requested data in order to participate in the call, the application form will be rejected or the potential participant excluded. In case of refusal to provide the data, as indicated, in order to transfer the advertising material, there will be no consequences. Personal data collected as a result of the call participation will be registered in the Istituto Marangoni database, holder of the treatment.
People to whom the data collected as a result of the participation to the call refer to are considered the holders of the related rights, among them, the confirmation of the existence of their personal data and their provision in an intelligible form, the cancellation, the transformation into anonymous form, or blocking of data processed unlawfully, as well as the updating, rectification, integration and to oppose the treatment for any legitimate reason. By participating in the call, the participants give their consent to the aforementioned treatment of data.
13. Consent to the use of personal data
Participants authorize Istituto Marangoni to use their personal data and their image, as well as to take videos, photos, registrations and to consign their image through third parties and with any tools, video, photo and television and the activity related to the call. They grant to Istituto Marangoni the right of use the said “material” in the context of the publishing products directed by Istituto Marangoni and in the context of the institutional website and social networks.
14. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The French law will govern the call and the relations between the participants. Any dispute that may arise between the promoters and the participants will be of exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Paris.