Digital Fashion Stories: new professionals for new languages
Candidates must develop a communication concept related to an existing or fictitious fashion product. The product, with a high level of innovation, takes its first steps in a scenario increasingly conditioned by the digitalization of information. The project must be innovative and explore the potential of social channels in relation to the concept and positioning of the product.
2. Participation criteria
The call is open to graduates already holding a university degree (or equivalent) in communication, advertising, marketing or with a proven experience in these or similar fields.
Participation is individual – group submissions will not be considered. The contest aims to demonstrate the candidates' ability to propose a fashion product in a coherent manner and through the use of digital tools.
3. How to participate
Participation in the call is free of charge.
The submission of the application can be done on the dedicated Web platform, by filling out all required forms and uploading all the requested documents.
Materials to be submitted:
Two digital documents, to be uploaded in one single PDF:
- A communication concept related to an existing or fictitious fashion product, complete with description, product positioning and target - max. 500 word
- Links of social networks profiles (Instagram and Facebook) created with the purpose of communicating and promoting the product, with a description of hypothetical related promotional events - max. 300 words
- Copy of last academic qualification (University degree or other equivalent three-year course);
- Copy of Transcript of grades (or equivalent);
- Passport / ID Scan
- Signed Personal Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
The official language of the call is English. Descriptions in Italian will also be accepted.
- 7th September 2018 > Deadline for submission
- 10th September 2018 > Meeting of the Jury composed of professionals for the evaluation of projects submitted & Notification of the winner
5. Jury and evaluation criteria
Projects will be examined by a specialized jury leaded by Marc Sondermann, CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Fashion Magazine (hereby called the “jury”), and will be evaluated following these criteria:
- Coherence with the objective
- Level of Innovation
- Project effectiveness from a functional and aesthetic point of view
- Overall quality
- Ability to synthesize information and clarity of the project.
6 . Award
The winner of the call will be awarded a 50% scholarship for the Fashion Promotion, Communication & New Media Executive Master’s Course that will be held at the Milano School of Fashion of Istituto Marangoni in Milan, in the October 2018 intake.
7. Results and publication
At the end of the selection made by the Jury, the winner of the call will be announced via e-mail. The final project will be published on the website of Istituto Marangoni, with a special news in the dedicated section.
The selected participant for the scholarship shall confirm his/her interest in the scholarship within 2 working days: after that time the scholarship will be considered expired and will be re-assigned.
8. Rights and use of the delivered outputs
Participants agree to transfer to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l., in Milan, Via Verri 4 (Tax Number 09447270159) the right to use the project and the product that will be, where applicable, implemented as a consequence of the project, the right to use any output delivered for the participation to the contest “Digital Fashion Stories: new professionals for new languages”, as well as all the materials connected to the projects and delivered, including the drawing of the project, the sketches, the samples, the models, the tests and the video and photo materials. The Istituto Marangoni reserves the right to commercial use or publication or free exposure of the projects received, in the form and manner deemed most appropriate: the participants shall also authorize the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. to use the documents received for promotional purposes and in the manner deemed most appropriate. The participants, joining the contest “Digital Fashion Stories: new professionals for new languages”, declare that the promoters of the initiative cannot be subject to any claim resulting from such use. In any case, the participants agree to relieve the promoters from any liability toward third parties.
Participants agree to the following rules on intellectual property rights and industrial property rights in relation to the projects delivered to the promoters of the call.
- They guarantee and ensure that the outputs are their original work and have not been entirely nor partially copied or substantially from any other work, source or material and that, as to their knowledge, they do not infringe any copyright of any third party;
- In the case of a copyright or other intellectual property carried out in their outputs or whether a part of it belongs to a third party, they guarantee and ensure that they have requested the permission and/or authorization to transfer to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. that output, and that in any case, they undertake to relieve the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. from any liability for the use of material as of paragraph a) that is developed, designed and/or produced by third parties.
By participating to the call, the participants agree to absolve and indemnify the promoters from any negative consequence resulting from the infringement of the rules provided by article 11 and, more generally, from any negative consequence resulting from the use of the projects.
11. Information on the treatment of personal data
Personal data collected as a result of the participation to the call will be used for the following purposes: execution of the operations of the call and for the thereto related purposes: the processing of personal data will be executed using manual, electronic and telematics tools closely related to the purposes for which they were provided; they could be disseminated through websites and social networks connected to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. In case of refusal to provide the requested data in order to participate in the call, the application form will be rejected or the potential participant excluded. In case of refusal to provide the data, as indicated, in order to transfer the advertising material, there will be no consequences. Personal data collected as a result of the call participation will be registered in the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. database, holder of the treatment;
People to whom the data collected as a result of the participation to the call refer to are considered the holders, pursuant to article 7 of the Legislative Decree 196/2003, of the related rights, among them, the confirmation of the existence of their personal data and their provision in an intelligible form, the cancellation, the transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, as well as the updating, rectification, integration and to oppose the treatment for any legitimate reason. By participating in the call, the participants give their consent to the aforementioned treatment of data.
For further info on this Contest, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Consent to the use of personal data
Participants authorise the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. to use their personal data and their image, as well as to take videos, photos, registrations and to consign their image through third parties and with any tools, video, photo and television and the activity related to the call. They grant to the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. the right of use the said “material” in the context of the publishing products directed by the Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. and in the context of the institutional website and social networks.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The Italian law will govern the call and the relations between the participants. Any dispute that may arise between the promoters and the participants will be of exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Milan.
14. Exemption from the ministerial validation
Pursuant to the article 6, D.P.R. 430, dated 26/10/2001, this call is not a prize competition or lottery: as a result, no ministerial authorization is needed.
For further info or clarifications, please contact: email@example.com